Sunday, September 16, 2012

Quirk Number Five


#5: I'm not even sure if this relates to college, but when you start getting emotional when people win brand new Jeeps on The Price is Right. 
Hey, this whole progress is a struggle. Don't hate.

Yes, if you are wondering, this actually happened to me one afternoon. I could say it is embarrassing, but it was not -- well, no one was in the room at the time, so they couldn't see me almost bawling my eyes out on the couch. I have always watched The Price is Right and I have NEVER felt like crying. I really can't tell you what my problem was that day, but I felt like I swallowed a rock. The person won a game and they immediately won a brand new car. How generous was that?? It was so easy and I bet they did not even expect to have a brand new Jeep to ride in the forest everyday on that day. You really have to learn to expect the unexpected.

If you go ahead and think you know what is going to happen, then you might as well pay your dog to tell you your future. It's pointless. Once you expect something to happen, then you set your expectations way to high and when it doesn't go as planned, then what do you feel like? Crap. You feel like your existence doesn't matter anymore and that you shouldn't even try. HELLLLLOOOOOOOO. UHM, NO. Just don't expect so much! Everything doesn't work the way you want it to. I learned this the hard way many times. Then, one day, I realized I need to go with the flow and accept what comes. 

For example, today I expected to print out some papers for some of my classes. I went to the computer where the documents show up and nothing was there. I was annoyed and I even shut the computer off thinking that would help. It only scared me because I thought I messed it up. About fifteen minutes later, I decided that this wasn't even going to work out the way I planned. I huffed and stomped out of the computer lab, opening the door with as much force as I could in an attempt to slam it against the wall. Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful because I didn't hear it crash into the cinder blocks. This may have pissed me off more, but of course, it didn't last long. I accepted the fact that I wouldn't be able to print out my stupid papers until later. Not that it was a big deal, but those printers are the worst printers I have ever seen. I wanted to kill them. 

So, what does demolishing a printer have to do with The Price is Right? Nothing. I got off topic.What I am trying to say here is that college is pretty much a tear-jerker. A lot of things can pull your heart strings. When times get tough, take a break and start again. Sometimes, those rewards, no matter how small, can make a huge difference. Here, just pretend that if you finish your homework, then you will win a Camero. Dream big,  dollfaces. You have a lot to hold onto.

Happy Soon-to-be Case of the Monday's!

-TTTTGGGGGCCC.

No comments:

Post a Comment