Saturday, November 10, 2012

Some News

Life is something we take for granted. We all know we will die at one point, but we play it off like it doesn't mean anything. The media portrays death in reality and they also glamorize it to it's highest peak. I believe that our feelings about death are mixed until it actually happens in our lives. It isn't funny or something to joke about anymore. It happens everyday and we never realize it because we are told to keep focusing on our own lives. We shouldn't focus on death every second of the day, but we need to be reminded of the seriousness of it all.

As you an recall from my last post, I was happy and was going to try and start meditating -- it's a bust already. It was something different to try. I wasn't going to do it because I was turning Buddhist: I wanted to do it because it is like a still form of yoga. However, right now, I do not think I could still my mind enough with trying to listen to the wind. In fact, it will probably annoy me. I was reminded yesterday that I should meditate on God's word. Yessssssssssssss. I really need to, but I have been very bad lately with everything. I sin and I don't understand how God can forgive you so many times. Everyday we sin at least once. How is it possible for someone so forgiving to do that everyday? If I were in that position, then I would tell the person, "You need to start being good ALL the time. No mistakes this time, okay!?" Just kidding. I would never say that to someone, but you have to wonder sometimes.

So, I'll do whatever I think is best and I will not get into detail too much here. I would think anything will help me during this time after knowing that a friend of mine (that lived in another country) OD a couple days ago, but I wasn't informed until last night. He's gone. That's it. He and I were going through a lot of things with life and each other, but I guess he couldn't hold on. I thought it was a joke at first and he was going to pop up and say, "I'm here still! Happy early April fools!" I waited all night and that never happened. I wanted to meet him one day and that will never happen either.

I only knew him since April of this year, but we got to know each other pretty well. It doesn't matter how much time you spent with a person because when they are gone, it is still a heavy loss. I don't really know what to do about it at the moment. I can't just laugh it off. I want to do something more. I had a couple ideas:

  1. On November 2nd of every year, I want to celebrate Day of the Dead (but in my own way) because he was from Mexico.
  2. I want to do things that would make him proud of me. For example, live. He always told me to.
Everyone dies sometimes sooner rather than later, but I believe that in the meantime, we need to remember this and live for the people that are gone now. 

-TGC

No comments:

Post a Comment