Friday, December 14, 2012

50 Things I Love About the Holidays!

Well, Christmas is only a week and a half away. I never expected the year to go by so fast. Once college started, life took so many turns and finally dropped me off at home where I can finally sit down and not think about anything useful. Right now I am sitting next to our lit Christmas tree while watching American Pickers with a full stomach of Tazo Chai Latte tea. I must say that I am blessed to be in a home so warm. (The only thing that is missing here is SNOW.) Since I am in the holiday spirit, I was thinking about making a list of my favorite things about the holidays. So, let's get started!

0. Knowing Christ was born on the 25th!
0.5. Charlie Brown piano music.
1. Sneezing after breathing in the cold air every morning.
2. Wearing hats, scarves, gloves, and boots.
3. Always having a plentiful supply of chapstick.
4. Hot chocolate with HUGE 'mallows.
5. Muppet Christmas.
6. Putting my old ornaments on the tree.
7. Eating a lot of candy canes.
8. Getting stabbed in the eyes by snowflakes.
9. Wearing Christmas socks.
10. Coming inside to a warm meal.
11. Tazo Chai Lattes!
12. Staying in your jammies all day with a comforter!
13. Ripping a small piece of wrapping paper off of the corner of a present to see what you got.
14. Creeping on Santa at the mall.
15. Sliding on ice on the street.
16. Trying to make O's with with my breath in the cold air.
17. Going sledding.
18. The sound of your feet crunching in the snow.
19. Eating white snow.
20. Laughing at the fact that I almost ate yellow snow.
21. Making snowmen and taking a bite of the carrot nose when it is rubbery.
22. Looking at the lights on everyone's house at night.
23. "All I Want for Christmas is You."
24. Icicles.
25. Watching dogs play in the snow.
26. Throwing snowballs with my dad.
27. Watching Christmas classics.
28. Getting jealous of everyone's dancing skills on White Christmas.
29. Making cookies!
30. Eating cookies.
31. Getting wavier hair from being out in the snow.
32. The way it sounds outside in the winter.
33. Making homemade presents for the people I love.
34. Making cards.
35. Receiving all of those texts on Christmas day.
36. Throwing wrapping paper all over the floor.
37. Putting bows on my body after unwrapping gifts.
38. Not taking a shower until the afternoon.
39. Spending all of my Christmas money a couple days after Christmas.
40. Counting down!
42. Screaming in the car after running to it in the parking lot on a bitter cold night.
43. Waking up to a white day.
44. Seeing Christmas trees in people's windows.
45. Asking my cousin what she got for Christmas.
46. Winter break.
47. Wearing a coat with a very big hood.
48. Seeing animal tracks in the snow.
49. Taking an annual first pee of the new year on January 1st at 12:00 am.
50. Being able to start the year all over again.

I think 50 is enough for now. The holidays mean so much more than lists, but they get you thinking about what you love the most and why. I am happy to be home, to have a break, and to enjoy my time while it lasts. If only it would snow, then more than half of my list would be completed, but mother nature is being mean. Guess who is not getting a card this year?

I want all of you to make your own list so you never forget the good things about the winter time! Don't let Jack Frost bite you on the nose too hard! He doesn't mean it anyway. Deal with it. ;)

Peace and Joy,

Tiffany!

No comments:

Post a Comment